Re: [TowerTalk] Coax above ground

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax above ground
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 16:06:53 -0400

On 3/19/2016 1:42 PM, Andre VanWyk via TowerTalk wrote:
> After considering all the options of burying this, I came to the
> conclusion that it will be easier running these cables above ground
> on 4x4 support poles, about 4ft off the ground.

Unless the entire property is fenced and posted, I don't think I would
run *any* cables at four feet above ground.  The chance of an accident
is simply too great - along with the nature of the injuries that could
result.  I would not have anything below about 8 feet (other than guy
wires which are unavoidable) and the low ends of the guy wires would
have "high visibility" covers.

The US legal system is a farce when it comes to liability these days -
if a "rich kid" out running wild on a dirt bike or ATV were to hit the
cable runs, even though trespassing, you could be responsible for the
injuries due to creating unsafe conditions.

I am not an attorney.  Contact yours to make sure your interests are
protected *before* constructing anything that could be considered
unsafe.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV