Re: [TowerTalk] 6 x 2 unit...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 6 x 2 unit...
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 14:10:20 -0700
On Mon,4/18/2016 12:40 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
Jim has no basis on which to evaluate the microHAM unit since he could
not bully microHAM into giving him one.

What I requested from you was a unit to TEST as part of a review of such units for publication. And you refused to loan it. But you DID send me plots of someone's measured data that showed wildly variable performance between outputs AND the BEST of those plots cited on the mfr's spec sheet as "TYPICAL."

THAT, and the fact that you would not loan one for me to test, is why I don't recommend it.

I paid full price for the 4O3A unit that I measured, and was willing to do so because the vendor was willing to stand behind it.

73, Jim K9YC