[TowerTalk] AN Wireless "cease and desist" letter

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AN Wireless "cease and desist" letter
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 11:00:18 -0700
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 08:36:24 -0700
From: Jerry Gardner <jerryw6uv@gmail.com>
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AN Wireless "cease and desist" letter

One man's opinion is another man's defamation. I suppose it's ultimately up
to the courts to decide (hopefully it won't get that far).

IANAL, but what Steve said regarding AN Wireless towers doesn't seem
defamatory to me. It sounds like he's voicing his opinion based on years of
experience installing all types of towers professionally. Since Steve is
(wisely) not contributing to this discussion, we probably won't know any
more of the details.

For reference, here are related posts:

http://lists.contesting.com/_towertalk/2013-03/msg00039.html
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Towertalk/2015-06/msg00225.html

73,
Jerry

##  after reading the above 2 posts archived posts..... IMO, steve is way outa
line here.
The AN wireless 60 foot HD is ONE HELUVA lot stronger than the 64 foot  trylon
ever was,
not even in the same ballpark.  The AN uses a type F base.  18.5 sq ft concrete
required if a
solid 10 x 10 x 5 ft block used.   And only 10.2 yards used if the pad +pier
base is used.
( this is no where near the 25 yards claimed in the post).

##  the 60 ft   HD AN wireless is rated for  a whopping 107.5 sq ft @ 90 mph,
using exposure B,
and  58.5 sq ft @  110 mph  ( also exposure B).   (71 sq ft +  33.5 sq ft  for
exposure C..wide open fields)

##  $3620.00  is a bargain for the AN  HD  60’  tower..and then some.   The
T-600  Trylon is  $3828.00
and is only rated for  a paltry 15 sq ft in a 100 mph wind, exposure B, and no
ice.   And NO  PE stamp
available for the Trylon.

## Trylon does make a comparable tower... in their super titan series, called a
H710, which is also 60 ft tall,
2831 lbs..and  $6104.00...and virtually identical windload ratings as the AN
HD-60 ft tower.  PE stamp
available...and almost double the price of the AN product.   Superb product,
but priced sky high.

##  The  plane jane light duty Trylon towers are good, but are NO longer a
bargain.     They are made  by
shearing  sheets of  small gauge  thickness galvanized sheet metal.... which is
why the edges rust, then
folded into U shaped legs.  Ditto with the leg braces... thin sheet metal,
folded to 90 deg angle.
I used to own a Trylon T-500,  72 ft tall...which is actually a bit over 69 ft
tall..since you lose  4.5 inches,
cuz of the overlap, on each of the nine  8 ft sections.    The trylon
T-600...64 ft tower is actually  61.375 ft tall.

##  I can see why  dan Simmonds  would be pissed.   The light duty Trylons cost
more than the AN wireless,
weigh LESS, lower wind load ratings.. and are no bargain.   BTW, the trylon
super titan H710  tower base,
in the pad + pier format, uses 10.0 yards of concrete...which is virtually
identical to the  10.2 yards used
on the AN wireless base.   The amount and type and size of re-bar are
appropriate in each case.

Jim   VE7RF