Re: [TowerTalk] AN Wireless "cease and desist" letter

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AN Wireless "cease and desist" letter
From: Jerry Gardner <jerryw6uv@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 11:45:37 -0700
> ##  after reading the above 2 posts archived posts..... IMO, steve is way
> outa line here.
> The AN wireless 60 foot HD is ONE HELUVA lot stronger than the 64 foot
> trylon ever was,
> not even in the same ballpark.  The AN uses a type F base.  18.5 sq ft
> concrete required if a
> solid 10 x 10 x 5 ft block used.   And only 10.2 yards used if the pad
> +pier base is used.
> ( this is no where near the 25 yards claimed in the post).

The tower installation Steve was referring to in the first post indeed
required >25 cubic yards of concrete. I know because it's my tower that
he's referring to.

The PE who did the calculations for my HD-60 was the PE AN Wireless
referred me to. I believe that this PE firm is also the firm that
originally designed the AN Wireless towers. The resulting plans called for
a 11' x 11' x 6' base.

The rebar cage was also quite complex. See the photo in the link below for
a photo of the rebar work before the concrete was poured.

http://www.gardnerdudes.com/w6uv/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/RebarComplete.jpg

73,
Jerry