Re: [TowerTalk] HFTA disc....

To: W3YY <w3yy@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HFTA disc....
From: Rudy Bakalov via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 07:15:56 -0400
First off, this was a proposal, not a statement. Quite the difference.

Second, the thought behind the proposal is to further development of otherwise
stale software.

With respect to the ownership of the intellectual property, by and large the US
law states is that whoever paid for the development owns the IP. If the code
was developed during someone's ARRL employment, it is the ARRL that owns the IP
unless the ARRL explicitly waived its rights.

By the way, the statement about paying for the right to use the software is a
slippery slope too. The issue is lack of support. In the past I did have
problems with the software and there was nobody to provide support.

Again, the proposal is not about avoiding paying for the software, but about
its further development. I have 3 copies of the software.

Rudy N2WQ

Sent using a tiny keyboard.  Please excuse brevity, typos, or inappropriate
autocorrect.