Re: [TowerTalk] LMR600 male DIN

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LMR600 male DIN
From: Bryan Fields <Bryan@bryanfields.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2016 00:25:02 -0400
On 9/4/16 12:14 AM, Jim Brown wrote:
> NOT identical -- different construction, but comparable RF performance.
> Note that the center conductor is a tube, not solid. Newer hard lines
> are built that way -- copper is expensive, and a tubular center uses
> less copper and weighs a bit less.

7/8 LDF5-50A is a tube, this is a tube as well.  The connectors are
interchangeable for all intents and purposes.  I've measured the gaps between
the ridges and they are identical.

LDF Data sheet
http://www.commscope.com/catalog/wireless/pdf/part/1310/LDF5-50A.pdf

Innner conductor size from datasheet.
LDF .343" Copper Tube
RFS .37"  Copper Tube

Now if measure it you'll find they are both .370" OD.  Andrews publishes the
ID number for some stupid reason.  Maybe to prevent people copying it :)

I'd always suggest using the right brand of connectors with the right band of
cable, and really at $30 for a connector it's not a huge cost.

Buy the RFS cable you will be very happy with it, it's superior to the current
Commscope 7/8 offerings in every way.  Cheaper too.

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
http://bryanfields.net