Re: [TowerTalk] DOS?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DOS?
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 14:27:27 -0700

I think the point is that the general ham marketplace isn't going to buy Steve's app if they have to fiddle with a DOS emulator to use it.

Dave   AB7E

On 10/11/2016 12:13 PM, Kirk Kleinschmidt via TowerTalk wrote:
Steve and the gang,
Have you simply tried to run the program in one of several "DOS environments"
that run in any modern operating system?
See: DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS

|   |    |

|   |
DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS
    |   |

There are others, and they offer the ability to run older DOS software pretty
much anywhere.
If DOSBOX will support the mast calculator program it's a lot less work than
porting the code.
regards,
--Kirk, NT0Z

My book, "Stealth Amateur Radio," is now available from www.stealthamateur.com
and on the Amazon Kindle (soon)

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 2:04 PM, Patrick Greenlee