Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Screened walls and floors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Screened walls and floors
From: "Doug Ronald" <doug@dougronald.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 17:42:13 -0800
I went to the effort to put all my radio equipment in a 40' shipping
container where I used aluminum diamond plate on the marine plywood floor
not to keep EMI from getting in , but to keep all the switching power supply
detritus from getting out to my antenna! There were just too many sources of
interference to try and suppress them all. I have about 40 dB of suppression
due to the Faraday cage which I can improve in the future by screening
holes, vents, and maybe finger stock on the doors. I only had to filter the
AC coming in, feedline, and an Ethernet cable with common-mode chokes.

-W6DSR