Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower price increase

To: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower price increase
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2017 18:18:16 -0500
I had engineering done for an HDX-589 last year and have just received
permission to erect it. I opened the HRO site and stared at the prices a
few days back and just shook my head.

Not able to afford it with a 96% price increase. In fact, I am not going to
buy new US Tower products based on what appears to be predatory pricing.

I'm now in the market for a used tower and will need to go through the
approval process and pay for engineering again.

No surprise, US Tower is the sole outlet for these towers. I am unaware of
the current ownership of US Tower - or for HRO for that matter.

Is this a trend for amateur radio as sources for gear go out of business
and the market shrinks and coalesces?  Can you imagine paying $20k as a
standard price for an HF transceiver?

Mickey

Mickey Baker
Palm Beach Gardens
*“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me,
and I will learn.” *Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.