Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 & Mast lingth

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 & Mast lingth
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 10:21:18 -0700
I'm not a structural or mechanical engineer, but from my courses at the beginner level in those disciplines 50+ years ago, it seems to me that how much mast is needed within the tower depends on what is above the tower on that mast, how long that mast is, and the wind loads.

If you're an ME and have done the calcs, I'll certainly defer to your advice.

73, Jim K9YC