Re: [TowerTalk] Tower location and house noise

To: <RLVZ@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower location and house noise
From: "Bob Shohet, KQ2M" <kq2m@kq2m.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 20:34:36 -0400
There are many good reasons for locating a tower away from the shack.
Potential noise reduction (several different types of potential noise) is one
of them.
Even better if you can locate the tower in the null of where the antennas are
usually pointing.  For Northeastern stations who will point their antennas at
EU ~ 45 degrees  in the “good” years, it is better your shack can be located at
225 degrees or at the nulls – roughly 45 degrees from 225 degrees in either
direction, so 180 degrees and 270 degrees.  Of course that “null” depends on
the patter or the antenna or the stack.

73

Bob  KQ2M