[TowerTalk] Tower location and house noise

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower location and house noise
From: Howard Ochs <howardbochs@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 09:18:05 -0400
Hi Fellas,

I am soon to begin my installation of a tx-455 in my backyard and this
topic is making me re-think my own tower's location.  I thought I had my
chosen spot, which is the highest point in my backyard, and only 20' from
my shack.

However, if I were to locate it to the very back of my property,
approximately 150' from my house, it'd be that much further from all my
sources of noise (homes, powerlines, etc.) since it's woods and finally, a
river.  In that placement, it'd be next to our small pond and next to a
fairly steep slope dropping down into the woods and river.  As well, at
this location, it would lose 20' in height and be near some fairly tall
trees, although not among them.

What to do?  I may just take a video today, upload it and get some opinions
from those of you with much more experience!

Howard, W1HBO