Re: [TowerTalk] US TOWER HDX-89 / Tash DX86 Wind Rating Differences

To: rthorne@rthorne.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US TOWER HDX-89 / Tash DX86 Wind Rating Differences
From: TexasRF--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 10:36:54 -0400
Rich, wind speed and antenna loading are only two of the inputs to the
engineering calculations. The biggest contributors are the tower section
projected wind surface areas, They are related to leg and brace diameters and
lengths.  Brace/leg angles have an effect as well. The calculations become
quite tedious.

Then there are safety factors on top of that as well as the yield strength
of the materials used. Different manufacturers use different safety factors
and  grades of materials.

73,

Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 6/10/2017 9:01:21 A.M. Central Daylight Time,