Re: [TowerTalk] US TOWER HDX-89 / Tash DX86 Wind Rating Differences

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US TOWER HDX-89 / Tash DX86 Wind Rating Differences
From: Clay Autery <cautery@montac.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 16:27:46 -0500
The Tash LM-354HD(SP) is on SteppIR's list (they are Tash dealers) as
compatible with the DB-18.... with a LOT of apparent overhead...  but
that's JUST the quoted wind load comparison.

Yes, Tashjian uses the ANSI TIA/EIA RS 222 Revision G standard.  But I
would at least recommend folks look at the newest ASCE 7-10 standards as
well.  They use more recent research and the winds they quote are
typically HIGHER than the ANSI TIA/EIA standard.
For in stance, my Rev G wind is 90 mph, but ASCE shoes it as 105 mph.

Clay Autery, KY5G