Re: [TowerTalk] Galling and seizing of SS nuts to SS threaded studs and

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Galling and seizing of SS nuts to SS threaded studs and bolts.
From: "Ian White" <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 22:22:39 +0100
I use Blue Loctite 2400 which comes in a simple no-mess squeeze bottle.

Apply 2-3 drops on the bolt thread at the location where the nut will be
tightened, and while still liquid the Loctite will act as a lubricant to
prevent galling.

10-20 minutes later it has set solid, positively locking the nut and also
sealing the thread gap against corrosion.

The Blue Loctite grades like 2400 are specifically designed to be loosed using
hand tools, and can be applied again to the same hardware.

One product does the whole job - no mess, no trouble.

73 from Ian GM3SEK