Re: [TowerTalk] Coax choice for crank-up - looking for TT experience/rec

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax choice for crank-up - looking for TT experience/recommendations
From: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 16:42:34 -0500
David,

Have you run the coax loss numbers on the intended frequencies? You may find that going to hard line from the base of the tower is not worth it.

Try http://www.arrg.us/pages/Loss-Calc.htm I just used it to determine that RG-213 is plenty of coax to go up a rotating tower for a new 80m dipole and a 30m yagi. While there is a difference between 7/8 hard line and rg-213 at those frequencies, the difference in loss is not worth worrying about.

Rich - N5ZC