Re: [TowerTalk] Coax choice for crank-up - looking for TT experience/rec

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax choice for crank-up - looking for TT experience/recommendations
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 15:17:17 -0700
Good idea, Dave. Another excellent way to do that is SimSmith, which has data for most popular coax, lets you enter your own data, lets you specify any load, and computes loss in the entire run and in each part of the run. Freeware, by AE6TY. Runs in JAVA.

That's a small part of what it can do. I use it extensively to design matching networks, model effectiveness of stubs, etc.

http://ww.ae6ty.com/Smith_Charts.html

73, Jim K9YC