Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn U-bolts

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn U-bolts
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 08:41:29 -0400
Good galvanizing is also very rough to the touch. If it's been out in the weather a few years, it may be a dull gray, but still rough.
Be sure to use galvanized nuts as well.

Roger (K8RI)

On 7/29/2017 Saturday 1:46 PM, Patrick Greenlee wrote:
Unfortunately many folks don't know plated vs galvanizing. Plated is shiny and dead easy to screw a nut onto a bolt. Good galvanizing looks dull gray if it has been any reasonable time since galvanized and is often a little more friction when putting a nut on a bolt. For the neophyte... Galvanized fasteners look more primitive, less perfect in appearance but far superior in how long till they may rust. Zinc plated is very inferior to galvanized hardware in longevity while exposed to the environment.

Patrick        NJ5G