Re: [TowerTalk] weatherproofing connectors visited.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] weatherproofing connectors visited.
From: Tom Osborne <w7why1@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2017 09:51:03 -0700
One thing that has always worked for me is Vaseline.  A friend who worked
for the telephone company said they used it to cover exposed connections.

I tried some on some antennas and found that after a couple of years, I
just wiped it off with a rag and the connections underneath were as clean
as the day I put the antenna up.  A lot easier to clean than glue and
tape.

I had one beam with a PL-259 connection and it was also nice and clean when
I wiped it off.  73
Tom W7WHY