Re: [TowerTalk] weatherproofing connectors visited.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] weatherproofing connectors visited.
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 08:20:03 -0700
Actually, a $12 Andrew kit (ebay) will do one dozen LDF4 connections, which are slightly larger than PL259s. So that is $1 per connection, or if bought new retail $1.50 per connection. There are so many connections per kit that open ones can "fall off the truck" if you ask an installer. I got 5 new kits for free.

The commercial guys add an outdoor clear acrylic spray over the last layer of Scotch 33 or Temflex. Since they install these by the thousands and callbacks are a very costly PITA, I am following the Andrew instructions plus the acrylic spray as my waterproofing process.

Grant KZ1W