Re: [TowerTalk] Walking Down Crank-Up

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Walking Down Crank-Up
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 21:35:31 -0400
Be careful.  My first tower was an aluminum Universal tower and the brochure
showed illustrations of a person just walking it up. Mine was just a 30'
tower with a tribander and it was extremely difficult for two or three of us
to walk up.  When walking down your steel tower you do not know how heavy it
will feel until it's too late and someone could get severely injured. You do
not need a crane, a tow truck would easily hold the weight from the back
side while it was tilted down and they are readily available for a
reasonable cost.

GL,
John KK9A