Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25g unguyed height

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25g unguyed height
From: Clay Autery <KY5G@montac.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 06:19:52 -0500
Terry,

Rohn used to have a manual that included the precise answers to your question.  Max self-supporting heights, and it also specifically included the numbers for a tower bracketed (properly) to a structure.

Last time I looked, that manual was no longer live linked to the website, having been replaced with a MUCH less comprehensive (aka newer) manual.

IMHO, and I am NOT a PE...  I would NOT put ANY more 1- foot sections above the section bracketed to your house (how is it bracketed exactly, what is it tied to, et al) without proper guying supports with the antenna you describe....  I would make double danged sure I have SOMEONE willing to sign-off on the Rev. G requirements for your location, etc, etc. before attaching that tower to my house....  IF it falls on your house, you'll be glad you had someone, preferably a PE on the blame line so your insurance peeps will pay for the rebuild/damage.

My extremely conservative opinion is just that... my opinion. Others will differ.

Step 1)  Call Rohn and ask for the manual/specs/limits.

Clay,
KY5G