Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25g unguyed height

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25g unguyed height
From: Clay Autery <KY5G@montac.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 07:34:24 -0500
Wow!  I'm with you on that one...  I was simply showing that Rohn requires 2 brackets to use the data on their table...  And there's a 0.6 derate if not all the elements are round!

Sounds like someone did not know how to properly source, use, torque fasteners....  Personally, I would use a torque wrench and safety wires on every section fastener is I were going to use butt joinery in a metal tower like Rohn.  It's more expensive, but so is my house, my family, and me.

73,
Clay