[TowerTalk] trencher

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] trencher
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2017 10:12:12 -0800
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 16:25:36 -0500
From: "Jeff" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>

<I want to cut a slot in the yard about 12 inches  wide and about 12 inches
deep to accommodate tower wiring here on the site.  In total the runs are about
1400 foot.

<Is a trencher the right tool for that job?

<I have no experience with that sort of thing but the rental guy I talked too
scratched his head when I mentioned the 1400 ft length and the fact the trench
was shallow.  Maybe I have the wrong rental place.  Or maybe this is better a
job for a mini excavator?

<73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

##  How far is it from shack to the furthest point, furthest tower ?   On some
of these larger station sites I have looked at in their pix, it appears some of
the runs of coax are a long ways away.  Thats just to get to the base of the
tower, never mind the
height of the tower.    Im trying to fathom the total loss in the coax, from
feedpoint, to back of amp.   Depending on band, and coax used,  and total run
length,  I suspect in some or many cases, it must be on the high side.  Several
hundred feet of coax
to base of tower +  height of tower is going to add up to a bunch.   What is
typ worse case loss for these stations ?

Jim   VE7RF