Re: [TowerTalk] Metal Roof

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Metal Roof
From: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 19:29:12 +0000
I agree with Jim as I ran into the same problem at work. Twelve story office
building with a copper roof. Any two meter transmission at that building roof
area over two Watts and intermod products would cause problems in other VHF
repeaters several blocks away. Our solution was split site, with the TX on
another 12 story plus engineering floor on top.

Bonding the roof can be done... the problem is dissimilar metals in the roof
panels and fasteners plus lack of a sealant to keep the screw - panel junction
dry. There is another way to fix the problem... slate or tile roof heavy enough
to resist the wind problem.

73,
Gary ~ AB9M

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Tab® 3 Lite