Re: [TowerTalk] Metal Roof

To: grants2@pacbell.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Metal Roof
From: Gilbert Kauffmann <k3cc@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 13:29:29 -0500
Tnx Grant,   My repeater is desensed....Folks from 30 to 40 miles are not
heard....  Xmit seems ok but the pattern is off.... The tower is on the East
side of the house...
the xmit favors the East side as if reflects off the roof......
I've done some experimenting with my moble HF rig.... I must be over 100ft from
the house to have (what seems like reflection)   over 200 ft best on the swam
part
of my property....I would like to keep at least 200 ft between towers....I have
no trees on 16 acres  flat land  with 190 deg + view.....
I also have an 80 meter four square to install.....I'm getting interested in
contesting again at 70, I do get tired...  I'll have 3 stations setup
when its ready....  tnx  de Skip  K3CC