Re: [TowerTalk] Teflon Coax with Center That's NOT SCCCS?

To: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>, jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Teflon Coax with Center That's NOT SCCCS?
From: Christopher Brown <cbrown@woods.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 16:33:42 -0900
Real M17/128-RG400 spec RG400

There are a bunch of "RG400"ish cables our there, so I only buy known
maker with milspec id on jacket.

I have about 100feet of Harbor M17/128-RG400 around, from 3 or 4 diff
sources.  I use for "choke in box", test leads, rotator loops for 6M and
down, etc.

Spent forever searching, but ended up settling on milspec RG400, and I
found some UT-141 milspec cable that is raw copper shield, with silver
plated copper center instead of SCCS.  (There seem to be about 40
sub-versions of UT141, 3 or 4 have a silver plated copper center instead
of SCCS).

Above 6M for rotator loops and similar I like M17/127-RG393, but hard to
find at a reasonable price.

Suggest hitting the auctions and specifically looking for M17/128-RG400
where you can clearly see Harbor Industries and M17/128-RG400 on the
jacket, took some shopping but I don't think I paid more than $1/foot
for the several hundred feet I purchased over the last few years, just
had to watch and wait for a decent deal on a 30+ft length.

If you only need a few feed once, it is always around in 10 - 20ft
lengths for several times that.