Re: [TowerTalk] Guy anchors for AB-577

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guy anchors for AB-577
From: Larry Stowell <wa2fif@att.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 11:47:16 -0500
Pete

Take a look at these anchors.

https://americanearthanchors.com/

73 Larry K1ZW

On 2/20/2018 9:24 PM, Bert wrote:
This is probably the best earth anchor system I've seen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtq-YFgUQ60

If you're a little handy with metal working you can make it yourself.

Bert, VE3NR

On 2/20/2018 5:08 PM, Tim Wininger wrote:
Pete;

Take a look at American Earth Anchors (americanearthanchors.com).

I used their Penatrator model 46inch guy version on 100 ft of 45G a few
years ago.
Only?? real spec is to be used in un-disturbed soil . I installed the tower
on an acre of
farm land that had never been filled or mucked with in 100 yrs. These are
aluminum and wont rust in
most soil . I installed them by hand?? due to being unable to locate the
electric tool they recommended
in my rural area. Rocks are no issue for this version I can assure you.

W8JI has some good info and lot's of warnings.

GL with the project,

Tim , AB4B
NW Alabama