Re: [TowerTalk] Guy anchors for AB-577

To: k7lxc@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guy anchors for AB-577
From: Andre VanWyk via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 13:09:46 -0600
Thanks for the suggestions Steve.
I actually tried both options when I did my one tower and both were not viable.
Our window to do tower and antenna work up here in Northern MN is short. The
ground stays “soft” way after spring. I rented a self powered concrete
wheelbarrow. I got as far as 20ft before it got stuck.
The concrete guy came out to look at pumping options and trees were an issue. I
ended up making a temp driveway to two anchors that was not accessible by
bringing in class 5 soil and a bulldozer.

I am hoping to avoid this with my 160 Vertical. I think screw in anchors will
work for the Vertical location but plan to stick to Rohn anchor spec on the big
tower.

73
NJ0F

Sent from my iPhone