Re: [TowerTalk] Source for Large Adjustment Nut

To: Patrick Barkey <n9rvee@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Source for Large Adjustment Nut
From: John Simmons <jasimmons@pinewooddata.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2018 16:16:58 -0500
Didja try McMaster-Carr? https://www.mcmaster.com/#

-John NI0K

Patrick Barkey <mailto:n9rvee@gmail.com>
Tuesday, April 03, 2018 4:11 PM
I have a chain drive for my big rotating tower that was built by K8RR
(SK). It has a torque limiter that allows the tower to slip in high winds
to protect the rotor and linkage. The problem is that the adjustment nut
for this limiter (similar to a clutch) has rusted solid and I can't adjust
the tension anymore.

My plan is to cut the nut off and use a new one, but I cannot find a source
to buy the replacement nut.

It looks very similar to this:
https://www.applied.com/c-brands/c-regal-beloit/c-morse-industrial-corp-/700tl-adj-nut/Torque-Limiter-Parts/p/101376137

But mine is a slightly different thread pattern and size. I need a 3 1/2
inch nut with 12 tpi. The fastener places can't find one like that for me.

Does anyone on this list have any ideas where to look?

I can't identify the manufacturer of the torque limiter that I have.

- Pat
N9RV