[TowerTalk] Force 12 Aluma-o-weld wire

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Aluma-o-weld wire
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2018 07:56:22 -0700
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 08:46:32 -0400
From: "Julio Peralta" <jperalta4@verizon.net>
To: "Tower Talk" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>

<What would be a suitable replacement for the Aluma-o-weld wire that F-12
<uses on their antennas. I did a google search for Aluma-O-weld and didn't
<find anything.

<Julio, W4HY

##  Its  actually called....  Alumo weld wire.  Its just aluminum clad steel.
I bought a 500 ft roll of 10 gauge  alumo weld from  SSON  years ago.
Surplus sales of nebraska.   I since sold the roll.  If its for a F12   40m
yagi,
coils can be used instead, like made from .25 or .1875  solid aluminum wire,
or .1875 or  .25  aluminum flexible tubing...typ  3003- H0  aluminum alloy....
which comes in various lengths on a roll.   I believe mcmaster carr still sells
it as does others.

#  If its for  a  F12 80m rotary dipole, the oem LL wires can be replaced
with capacity hats...aka  T bars.   N6BT is still in business, and can no doubt
provide a source for alumo weld wire if you still need it.   If coils are
substituted
for LL wires on  the  44 ft long  40m  F12 eles, you will still  require an
over head
truss line, like dacron rope etc.   The oem alumo weld wires that F12 used
were I believe just 12 gauge... and were 1100 lb tensile strength.   I still
have several rolls of the oem F12  alumo weld wire, that I never used,
for both my 3 el  F12  40m  yagi..which used the 44 ft eles......and also the
alumo weld 12 gauge wire  used on my F12  80m rotary dipole.   Contact
me off list if you need it.

Jim   VE7RF