Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor and controller choice

To: towertalk@contesting.com, Gary@ka1j.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor and controller choice
From: k7lxc--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 18:18:26 -0400

>  I need to replace my old Tailtwister &
control. It was stuck most of last winter

and would not free up till I manually
worked it back & forth and finally broke
it free.

>  The Green Heron controllers seem to be a
good choice but I have no experience with
new rotors. I'd appreciate thoughts on a
good combo for me to look at. A highly
reliable rotor with quick rotational speed
is important to me.

    I'll recommend a Yaesu. They have nice control boxes, manual presets, 90
degrees of overlap which is great for UHF/VHF and the rotators seem pretty
reliable. For your requirement, it probably doesn't make difference which model
you choose.

    IMO the GH controller will make an expensive rotating system which I'm not
sure you need.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH

PS - The Rotator chapter in my UP THE TOWER book has got lots of info including
a chart of rotators and torque specs.