Re: [TowerTalk] 40 meters in combination with 30 meters

To: terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>, TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40 meters in combination with 30 meters
From: N1BUG <paul.kelley.n1bug@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 15:19:03 -0400
Hi Terry,

I asked this question a couple of months ago. Several people did
some modeling and say it should work fine. I have built a full size
40 meter rotatable dipole and plan to add 30 meters to it before it
goes up.

The 40m is a split dipole fed with a serious common mode choke. 30m
will hang one foot below and will be a coupled resonator made of
somewhat smaller diameter tubing - not fed and not split in the
center. I have high hopes for this arrangement. The weather is just
starting to cool down sufficiently that I can get back to work on it
soon, but I expect it will still be some time before it is ready to
install.

Paul N1BUG