Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor loop coax

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor loop coax
From: Bryan Swadener via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 03:58:24 +0000 (UTC)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 00:04:57 +0200

From: Peter DJ7WW

http://disti-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/cdmelectronics/files/datasheets/4697.pdf
73
Peter

REPLY:The first page says it all. Thanks!
vy 73,Bryan WA7PRC
------------------------------

Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 21:45:45 -0400
From: John KK9A

That is what I use, specifically Belden 8267.  LMR400 is not really not much
better. Assuming that this is not a 100 to 200' tower, why not use the same
coax all the way down the tower and eliminate the top connector?

REPLY:There are several variations of LMRxxx cable. No suffix = solid
copper-coated aluminum center conductor. I would avoid it for anything that has
to repeatedly flex.
vy 73,Bryan WA7PRC