Re: [TowerTalk] Number of Radials and what lengths vertical 80m up.

To: John Walker W1JCW <W1JCW@hotmail.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Number of Radials and what lengths vertical 80m up.
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 15:07:59 -0300
John, I would recommend making a ground screen with two 50 lengths of
rabbit wire from Home Depot.  Take the wire to the halfway point at the
base of the vertical and lay them side by side parallel to each other. If
you use small electrical clamp every 5 feet to join the two this would give
a wonderful ground screen. connect with several short #8 wires to the tower
base plate.    In a few months, the grass would grow over the screen and it
would be invisible. This also would avoid a bunch of wires for each band
and provide an almost perfect ground plane for your vertical.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ