Re: [TowerTalk] Number of Radials and what lengths vertical 80m up.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Number of Radials and what lengths vertical 80m up.
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 22:23:36 -0400
I am not aware of the many schools of thought of radial design that W1JCW
referred to. For a multiband SteppIR I think ground radials would be better
than elevated since they do not need to be resonant. There are many methods
to installing them, I installed some in last month in 95 degree heat in soil
that is hard clay and it was not fun. I searched for other ways to install
them and I found this interesting method:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9n26KE9xPo

Why would someone use HK1H's option 3?

John KK9A

From:   Máximo EA1DDO_HK1H <ea1ddo@hotmail.com>
Date:   Wed, 22 Aug 2018 18:42:56 +0000

John,

There are three options.

1.- Ground radials. Minimum about 30. Any lenght (random lenghts)..

2.- Elevated radial. Minimum 2 per band, best 4 per band. Exactly 1/4 Lambda

(same size as a dipole).

3.- Elevated radials over ground radials. Both above together.

73, Maximo