Re: [TowerTalk] Big Rak and HDX-555 orion2800

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Big Rak and HDX-555 orion2800
From: bill steffey <ny9h@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 18:08:14 -0400
a few months after initial install gunk started to grow inside the nice gold pinned neutrik connector up at the rotor. The gunk conducted the pulses for the motor into the sense line returning the motor turns, totally messing up the positioner's readout ... after a few months of that I cut off the connector and used what M2 is using now, a simple euro electrical binding post.( without the box). Eventually , at the bottom of the tower, I even broke out the motor lines seperate from the pulse liners back to the shack. Never again a problem...later went with a RT-21 green heron. ..

Also my sommer beam etc caused too much slip for me , so I went with the Chamnpion assembly. The design of that has changed dramatically since mine was purchased years ago. Now I know where it is pointed.

bill /3