Re: [TowerTalk] Installing connectors on Comscope CR1873 1 5/8"

To: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Installing connectors on Comscope CR1873 1 5/8"
From: Máximo EA1DDO_HK1H <ea1ddo@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 07:56:09 +0000
I have done the Andrew official training, from 1/2 to 1 5/8 connectors, and
I've spent some years working with those feeders.

We have never used that installation tool.

As John said, with basic tools and care you can do a fine job.

Just get the right measures, and an important point is to clean the coax
properly.

When you cut or saw, you make lots of small copper particles and needs to be
clean. Clean edges, etc.

Apply the included grease, tight the connectors and that's it.

Final step is to test the cable with an VNA or any antenna analyzer.

73, Maximo

Visita y registrate en el nuevo Foro Radio Técnico

http://foro.ea1ddo.es/

<http://foro.ea1ddo.es/>