Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn EP instructions: "Stake all nuts"; what

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn EP instructions: "Stake all nuts"; what
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 20:26:09 -0400
Yes, I use non-galvanized nuts with bolts that are similar to galvanized
many times on tower brackets and rotators where I do not want to use
stainless steel bolts. To be specific, I use armor coated grade 8 bolts and
stainless steel Nylock nuts. The bolt is extremely strong and the armor
coating provides excellent corrosion resistance without making it oversized.
This combination has worked quite well for me. I have to give credit to K7NV
for this idea, I started doing this after seeing that Kurt uses this
hardware combination on his prop pitch rotators.

John KK9A