Re: [TowerTalk] feedpoint choke for inv L

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] feedpoint choke for inv L
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 10:54:15 -0800
On 11/21/2018 2:55 AM, Rob Atkinson wrote:
My work has not shown this to be true.  I am in a city on a 50 x 100
foot lot.  I have had an enormous plasma TV about 25 feet from my
antennas.  You have not experienced noise on 160 m. until you have
heard a plasma TV.  I have worked with feedline chokes and found that
from the stand point of RF on the line they do nothing.

Feedline chokes kill only the fraction of noise picked up on the feedline. Depending on the antenna system and the noise sources, that can be a little or a lot. In your situation, I wouldn't expect more than a dB or two. And in your situation, I'd strongly consider offering to buy your neighbor a new LED TV.

73, Jim K9YC