Re: [TowerTalk] Ham Antenna Rotator: The Teardown

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ham Antenna Rotator: The Teardown
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 00:06:31 +0000 (UTC)
 Norm's Rotator Service on line says:   "either a white lithium or green
emerald.  Under no circumstances should wheel bearing grease or any other
grease with fibrous material content be used".
As they said, wheel bearing grease is a fibrous grease and should not be used.
There is a large selection of greases that are non fibrous.    There are many
(non fibrous) grease lubricants better than Lithium which are rated for more
severe service and lower temperatures than the Lithium.  I am planning on using
a synthetic grease in my rebuild.  It  will be an overkill for California but I
will sleep well at night.  hihi
BobK6UJ

    On Monday, December 3, 2018, 3:12:40 PM PST, Rod Greene via TowerTalk