[TowerTalk] Fwd: Ropes in trees

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Ropes in trees
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2018 15:18:39 +0000 (UTC)
 I have, for many years, successfully used bow-and-arrow. I prepare the arrow,
hunting type, by adding a sinker, the type used for fishing, on the tip. It's
easy to attach as there is a threaded hole in front of a hunting arrow. I drill
a hole at the end, perpendicular to the arrow for the string. I have bee using
#20 fishing string.
I have lost a few arrows during the years, mostly because I managed to get
direct hits on tree limbs.
The good part with bow-and-arrow is the precision you have then aiming. You
just have to be careful not to hit anybody when using it.

That's my 10 cents.
Hans - N2JFS