Re: [TowerTalk] Help needed on new beam

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help needed on new beam
From: Mike Ricketts <mike.nd9g@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 15:50:57 -0600
If you want to see what the Navassa-5 looks like up "not that high" take a
look at my QRZ page. Mine is installed at 51 feet, right next to the house.
It also has the JK401 3 feet above it.

However, the specs from US Tower for the MA40 list it to show it can only
hold an antenna with a weight of 65 pounds and 4.8 sq ft of wind area
(using Rev F numbers). This is in the mostly nested position of 21 feet
high.
http://www.ustower.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/MA40.pdf

JKAntennas lists the Navassa-5 at 59 pounds and 16.15 sq ft (Rev G) or 8.97
sq ft (Rev C)
https://jkantennas.com/jk-navassa-5.html

With that in mind, I would not entertain putting a Navassa-5 on an MA40.

73,
Mike ND9G