Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-589 rotor and coax arms and why I re-subscribed afte

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-589 rotor and coax arms and why I re-subscribed after many year hiatus
From: Mac <libbysales@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2019 14:32:12 -0600
Rick ur warming my heart [NOT] yes i have the same X brace ability, where it can be removed, and i think this a good thing.  A local pal has the 572 model, again same top section we share, and the small PP does fit just as you describe, but it works.. And his 572 does not have the removable X brace feature, Is that feature indicative of a later production or earlier production or just to the 589/106 series, if you know ?

Worst case i just cut off the top section by my guess 1' and rebuild the very top plate and the tube column to the supporting shelf that is located my guess about 10" below the very top plate, then the existing rotor shelf that is located 40-50" on down inside the section is pretty straight forward drilling a new PP centered pattern.

As a question what wire size and or type do you feed the power to the PP with.  I'm reluctant to use SO cord due to the weight and sun resistance ability and am leaning more to tray cable or individual conductors