Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-589 rotor and coax arms and why I re-subscribed afte

To: Mac <libbysales@austin.rr.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-589 rotor and coax arms and why I re-subscribed after many year hiatus
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2019 13:57:04 -0800

On 2/9/2019 12:32 PM, Mac wrote:
Rick ur warming my heart [NOT] yes i have the same X brace ability, where it can be removed, and i think this a good thing.  A local pal has the 572 model, again same top section we share, and the small PP does fit just as you describe, but it works.. And his 572 does not have the removable X brace feature, Is that feature indicative of a later production or earlier production or just to the 589/106 series, if you know ?

I said there was a MISSING cross brace, not a removable one.  In any
event, the PP goes through the wall of the tower in only one specific
place.

I use some Texas Towers rotor cable with IIRC, two #14 and six #16 wires. The #14's go to CW and CCW. Three of the #16's are in
parallel for the common motor lead.  The other two #16's are for the
pulse signal.  It is taped in a bundle with my RG-216 coax that
all coils up on the ground.

Rick N6RK