Re: [TowerTalk] WX Sensor Placement

To: George Dubovsky <n4ua.va@gmail.com>, Towertalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] WX Sensor Placement
From: Larry McDavid <lmcdavid@lmceng.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2019 13:33:12 -0800
Note that Davis Instruments offers a "24-Hour Fan-Aspirated Radiation Shield." Its fan runs on a solar panel during the day while charging two NiCd C-cells, and then on the C-cells overnight. The temperature and humidity sensors are located near the center of the radiation shield, which consists of a stack of plastic ring louvers, quite similar to what George describes.

Larry W6FUB