Re: [TowerTalk] MODEL FOR TOWER

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] MODEL FOR TOWER
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 06:42:53 -0500
Great information Dan!

I have always just guess when converting a tower to a wire diameter. The original poster seemed concerned that his tower would effect his horizontally polarized HF beams, I have not seen that occur.

John KK9A

Dan Maguire AC6LA wrote:

Perhaps here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antenna_equivalent_radius

As a comparison, the lower-right of this image shows both the Leeson
and Wikipedia equivalent diameter for a Rohn 25G cross section:
https://ac6la.com/adhoc/4sq1a.png

AutoEZ users, the Leeson and Wikipedia formulas are on the Variables
sheet tab for the "Bent Dipole 4-sq" *.weq model files as described in
the first section here:
https://ac6la.com/aecollection8.html

Dan, AC6LA