Re: [TowerTalk] Need plates for 65G

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need plates for 65G
From: Jon Zaimes via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 13:07:27 -0400
Here's a photo of the W3PP (SK) tower after I took it down for his widow in
2010. Note how Dallas mounted two flat plates, for the bearing and rotor,
directly to the horizontal tower braces. http://www.aa1k.us/ (click on "Rohn
65" tab at top).

If you have a rotor plate for Rohn 25, 45 or 55 it would make an easy
template to lay on  larger pieces of steel or aluminum that would bolt to
the cross members.

Dallas had a 46-foot boom 20-meter yagi on this for about 10 years, with a
G2800 rotor. Tower was 130 feet, near Laurel, Delaware. I climbed it many
times for him.

BTW if you need any of the cap plates for the Rohn 65 legs, I have a bunch
here.

73/Jon

Jon P. Zaimes, AA1K
Tower climber for hire
http://www.aa1k.us/
Cell: 302-632-2353

Reviews of AA1K tower work on eham website:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/12922

Hug your favorite tower every day, and always stay connected to it.