Re: [TowerTalk] Archives

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Archives
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 16:04:57 -0300
WOW-not cool Bryan (whatever your callsign is) Bryan@bryanfields.net
<mailto:Bryan%40bryanfields.net>

I'd like to think that Ham Radio has enough avenues to keep most everyone
happy. I've tried a good portion of them myself.

Although I will not go around pretending to understand how some folks find
certain aspects of the hobby interesting or satisfying, I certainly don't
think they are worthless.  Certainly they are worthy TO THEM.

(and good on them for it, actually)

GEEZ !

Mike VE9AA ..contester, dxer, HF mobiler, Towertalk reflector learner ,CWer,
VHFer, antenna builder ,QRPer, etc..

====================

I simply can't think of a more worthless pursuit in ham radio than
contesting.

Even showed up to field day to get a 5.9 GHz radio link going, and found out

they can't count it as a "contact" for points.  But hey, we got ARRL

"radiograms", half the length of a tweet and twice as pointless!

I've been involved in a few towers going up one even for ham radio, and I

think the lowest we ever made it was a 52 MHz remote receiver for an
repeater

input.  I'd love to ask that; "I have a question about my contesting

propagation beacon that has a repeat function too", lolz.

73's

--

Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice