Re: [TowerTalk] Archives

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Archives
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 10:14:13 -0500
Well stated Kelly! The only time that I am on the air is during major contests however I would not disparage hams with other interests than mine.

John KK9A  W4AAA

Kelly Taylor VE4XT wrote:

I simply can’t think of a more worthless pursuit in ham radio than “insert your favourite ham activity here.”

Now it sounds a little petty, doesn’t it? Ham radio’s wide variety of activity means there’s something for everyone. I don’t get the attraction of FT8 — I understand the technology and celebrate its weak-signal ability, but I just don’t see it as ‘fun' at all — can take or leave VHF and UHF FM and never really got into foxhunting. I don’t think anyone can really call themselves a DXer if they’ve ever uttered the words, “When last heard, you were…"

But I don’t dismiss any as ‘worthless.’

Live and let live.

73, kelly, ve4xt

Sent from my iPhone